Wow I never would have thought myself stylish let alone my blog, but here I am accepting this wonderful award from blogger friends Orchid de Dangau and My Garden Haven . This award did not start out for garden bloggers nor is it exclusive to garden bloggers, but it has made its way to the garden blogging world. I am so honored that my friends from Malaysia think this highly of my blog. While I have been accepted to Blotanical and have been named a Best Garden Blogs in the short time I have been blogging, this one means the most. It means that someone who reads my blog on a regular basis, really likes it.
In accepting this award, these are the things you should do:
1. Post linking back to the person that gave you the award.
2. Share 7 random things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers
4. Drop them a note, and tell them about it!
Those that know me, know I do not like to talk about myself, but I am forced to so here goes–Seven things about myself !
1. I am a special educator by trade. I taught more than 15 years in the classroom at many different grade levels.
2. I moved into educational administration and have held various positions. I currently work for a great school district about an hour away.
3. I have recently started writing beyond the blog. I have written some memoirs which have been honored, one of which will be published online in April. I also entered some poetry to be published and have made it to the final round. I hope to be published and will know March 1. I am also working on getting a children’s book published.
4. I love to cook and do so with my husband. I used to bake but since I have been cutting out sugar and white flour I need to adjust to gluten free baking.
5. I waited until I was 40 to marry and we were not blessed with children. We have 5 beautiful nieces.
6. I am a trained Level I Reiki and hope to move on with this training.
7. I am very into healing arts and visit my acupuncturist and massage therapist weekly. I credit them with helping to heal me, keep me healthy and balanced.
It as difficult to pick 15 blogs to honor since I have met and made so many friends and read 100s of blogs weekly. I am honored to extend this Stylish Blogger Award to these 15 fantastic blogs/bloggers from whom I have learned so much and who have become supportive friends. Please visit these wonderful blogs. In random order :
Gardening Jones (first blogger I met and who has been supportive from the beginning)
Alistair-Aberdeen Gardening (who leaves me wonderful comments)
Jean-Jean’s Garden (without whose review I might still be in obscurity)
Janet-Plantaliscious (from whom I learn so much)
Diana-Elephant’s Eye (one of the first to greet me on Blotanical)
Ginny-Ginny’s Garden (another one of the first friends and fans on Blotanical)
Sorenr-Flaneur Gardening (a wonderful fan from Denmark)
Lucy-Loose and Leafy (wonderful fan who has been an avid reader)
Deb-Deb’s Garden (an avid reader and supporter)